Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 433
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook sugar in heavy skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until melted and caramel-colored. Carefully pour into 8 (6 oz.) ungreased custard cups, tilting to coat bottom completely.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl; stir in water, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Pour into prepared custard cups; set cups in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Move cups from larger pan to a wire rack; cool 1 hour. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Serve by loosening side of flan with knife; invert onto individual serving plates with rim. Top with Sugar Garnish, if desired, or garnish as desired.
- Sugar Garnish: Fill medium metal bowl half-full of ice. Combine sugar with water in medium saucepan; stir. Cover; bring to a boil. Cook over high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until light brown in color. Immediately put pan in ice for 1 minute. Carefully drizzle sugar decoratively over foil lined cookie sheet. Cool. To serve, peel from foil.
Per Serving: 433 calories; 7.7 59.7 5.2 110 143 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Did not set in 25 minutes.... you will need a good hour at 350 degrees... delicious when finally done tho!
Comes out perfect every time but I found that if you use a pan that can allow you to fill it with water just below the top of your cups the surface will come out better and very smooth but it do...
Came out very well despite my tweaks. I only had 3 eggs so cut back the condensed milk and water. Also didn't have custard cups to,used oven safe cereal bowls. I ended cooking the flans for ab...
This is great. No needed evaporated milk or other ingredients. Smooth and dense and delicious.