Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 343 cals
- Heat milk, sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and about 1 cup warm milk mixture in a bowl; stir egg mixture into saucepan. Continue to cook and stir until custard thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove vanilla bean. Stir white chocolate chips into custard until melted. Pour custard into a large bowl and stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions until it reaches "soft-serve" consistency.
- Heat raspberries in a saucepan over medium heat until raspberries begin to fall apart, 7 to 10 minutes. Press raspberries through a sieve over a bowl to remove the seeds; discard seeds.
- Gently swirl raspberries into the soft ice cream creating ribbons of raspberries. Transfer ice cream to a one- or two-quart lidded plastic container; cover surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, ice cream should ripen in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 23.8 g fat; 29.3 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 146 mg cholesterol; 47 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
We loved this ice cream. We have tried about 3 other recipes for ice cream. Because the eggs here are not refrigerated, it was important for me to find a recipe that cooked the egg. The consist...
This was a creamy as I had hoped it would be….some custard recipes take on an eggy taste, but not this one… I am impressed and will be making this one again and again over the summer. I added wh...
OUTSTANDING!!!! My family all loved this recipe. Followed it to and didn't make any changes. I have made ice cream before and this is so far the best!!!
This is OUTSTANDING! If you love white chocolate as I do. My husband loved it and he's not a vanilla nor white chocolate lover. I have several recipes of my own for vanilla ice cream that do ...
Made this for a get together, and they were all over this. Disappeared quickly. The white chocolate makes this very rich. A true epicurean will find this shamefully wicked but suffer no guilt. M...