Heavenly Raspberry Dessert
4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 357
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch dessert cake)
- Butter a 9-inch tube pan. Break angel food cake into chunks; set aside.
- Stir raspberry gelatin and boiling water together in a bowl until gelatin is dissolved; place gelatin in the refrigerator to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir raspberries with syrup into gelatin.
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold whipped cream into raspberry mixture.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of raspberry mixture into prepared pan. Place 1/3 of cake chunks into pan; pour 1/3 of remaining raspberry mixture over cake. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with the raspberry mixture. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.
- To remove from pan, center a serving plate over tube pan; invert.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Whipped cream can be sweetened to taste with sugar if desired.
- It looks fabulous on a decorative plate and garnished with fresh lavender flowers placed around the outside.
- If necessary, use a tea towel dampened with warm water to help the cake slip out of the pan.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 18 46.6 4.8 65 335 Full nutrition