0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 535
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, making sure to thoroughly combine after each addition. Mix in lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir in 1/2 of the flour mixture until just combined. Add in the sour cream and lemon juice, stirring until just combined. Add in the remaining flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Place raspberries in a small bowl. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons flour and and toss to coat. Gently fold raspberries into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 23 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Place raspberries for frosting in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until they burst and release their juices, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour raspberries into a fine mesh sieve set over a medium bowl and use the back of a wooden spoon to press and extract approximately 1/3 cup juice from the berries. Discard seeds and allow juice to cool completely.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until incorporated. Mix in 1/3 cup raspberry juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt; beat until combined. Pour in heavy cream and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and top with additional raspberries, if desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For the frosting, add in additional powdered sugar if frosting is too thin, or additional heavy cream if frosting is too thick, until the desired consistency is reached.
Per Serving: 535 calories; 26.4 73.7 3.4 98 174 Full nutrition