- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 2 standard-size, 6-well (3 1/2-inch) doughnut pans with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk together brown sugar, butter, oil, buttermilk, whole egg, egg yolk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pans (they'll be quite full), and bake until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove doughnuts from pans and transfer to a wire rack to cool while you prepare glaze.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat just until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in brown sugar, cream, and maple syrup. Return pan to low heat and cook until bubbly, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread about 4 teaspoons of glaze over top of each doughnut, then immediately sprinkle with pecans (if using). Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 17.5 54.7 3.4 57 284 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
Snow day (and the cover of allrecipes magazine) inspired me to bake donuts. I say "inspired" especially because I made plenty of my own mods: * 1/3 whole wheat flour * scant 1/2 c brown sugar +...
I made these in muffin tins. Mini size tins & standard tins lined with paper. They are delicious. Taking two dozen to church with me tomorrow. My husband loved them!
I screwed this up. Next time mix together dry ingredients and the liquid ingredients in separate bowls and then combine. Also, add the egg YOKE, not the white. Don't take phone calls from you...
These doughnuts are AMAZING! They are good with or without the icing, but the icing puts it over the top!! I didn't put any pecans on mine and they are divine without! It did take a little...
Maple Glaze 2T unsalted butter 1/4 cup pure maple syrup1 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar vanilla
Yummy donuts! Be sure to mix all dry in one bowl and all else in another and just fold in dry until white of flour is gone. I used a baggie to pipe batter into donut pans...3/4 full for perfect...
Excellent. My first donuts ever and they came out Fantastic!! Thank you for recipe!!
Followed the recipe as is, I ended up with 12 doughnuts and 5 cupcakes. Enough frosting for all too. They’re moist and delicious, and the frosting is perfect! I’m taking them to game night at ch...