Elaine L. Smith
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream together shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and coconut.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix well. Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8--12 minutes until golden brown.
Per Serving: 189 calories; 9.7 24.5 2.6 10 86 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
We loved these!! Me and my kids just made these this morning. They are easy and fun to make with the little ones. Very chewy and crunchy... YUM! We made ours with the walnuts suggested in the de...
OMG, these are delicious! They taste like chewy Sausalito cookies. Use milk chocolate YUM!
I found these to be a bit different from the norm which I liked. Just remember to notify the "eaters" that they have peanuts and coconut in them...potentially very harmful for some with various...
I can't believe no one's reviewed this recipe! These cookies are crispy and yummy! I, as usual, made some changes: I ommitted the nuts and changed semi-sweet chip to milk chocolate chips. I urge...
I followed the recipe exactly right down to the peanuts though they are good they seem to be lacking a bit of flavor. Next time I think I'll try using Butter Flavored Crisco instead of regular....
WOW! These cookies were great! Followed the recipe exactly! Husband absolutely loved them! Will become a regular at our house.
What a surprisingly good recipe! I bring cookies to work every Wednesday and this is one of the bigger hits I've had. I don't like coconut so I used cornflakes and that was really good. I use...
Great results and rave reviews from everyone that had them at the potluck! I used peanuts, chopped up.. Didn't have shortening, so I used a cup of butter.. It worked just fine. These are excelle...