German Spice Cookies
"A great spice cookie."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 18 servings (3 dozen)
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, baking powder, and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Cut into rounds using a 2-inch round cookie cutter and place 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate over low heat and drizzle over cooled cookies.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 21.6 35.6 4.8 10 59 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe has too many dry ingredients. I tried it and it came out like powder. To try and save the recipe, I melted a 1 and 1/2 c. butter, but still it was too crumbly. I think Mikey forgot...