- Beat eggs until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar ( approx. 15 minutes) This is important, do not underbeat.
- Fold in extract and flour.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to about 3/8 inch. Use rolling pin to firmly "imprint" the design onto dough.
- Cut cookies apart and on greased baking sheet, sprinkle with anise seeds. Let cookies sit out overnight, covered, to "dry".
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place cookies into oven and reduce temp to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake until light yellow only, approx. 15 minutes. They are not supposed to get brown!
- These cookies are a hard cookie, need to be stored for at least 2-3 weeks. You can add a slice of apple to "soften" back up or a slice of bread works, too. Replace bread or apple every 2-3 days.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 0.8 25.3 2.2 21 8 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is the same recipe that was given tome by my mother in law, along with her Springerle rolling pin. I have to make these every Christmas for my husband and grown kids. When the kids were in ...
A family favorite for over 50 years. The grown up sons still expect these very year!