- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream shortening with vanilla. Add sugars gradually, creaming well. Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt together; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Shape dough into balls and put on greased cookie sheets. Make a hollow in each ball and place a gumdrop in each hollow.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Per Serving: 197 calories; 9.4 26.4 2.3 16 85 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I really enjoyed these...I made the mistake of including the purple gumdrops in the first dozen not realizing that they tasted like black licorice...that didn't impress me, but after I realized ...
The cookie part of the recipe was delicious, but the gumdrop made it difficult to eat. The only ones who didn't seem to mind were the kids! :)