- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and dash black pepper.
- In large saucepan, combine molasses and butter; heat and stir until butter melts. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in eggs. Add dry ingredients to molasses mixture; mix well. Cover. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Shape into 1" balls. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are done. Remove. Cool. Roll in powdered sugar.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 3.6 23.7 2.2 21 82 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I have been making these for years and everyone adores them, the only change I have made is to only cook them 8-9 minutes, 12 is much too long, you want to take them out when they are still some...
Not at all like traditional Pfeffernuesse. Dry, not very much spice flavor, and much too much molasses. Would not make again, will continue to look for better recipe.
The dough is a bit stiff to work with but the results are excellent! This is a spice cookie with a wonderful little "bite" that develops the main spice flavor. Excellent with a cup of hot tea.
My mother is pure german and the Pfeffernuesse cookies she made were different then these, but these are good and easy compared to my mother's. Besides my mother's they were made then put in an ...