Ingredientsservings 424 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F (180 deg. C).
- Cream together shortening and granulated sugar.
- Beat in 4 eggs, then stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 deg. F (180 deg. C) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Prepare frosting by combining melted butter, vanilla, 1 egg, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Frost cookies when they are cool.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 22.2 g fat; 53.5 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 341 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
Best sugar cookies ever! I found this recipe years ago on this website. I use it a lot. I recently moved and needed to make these cookies, but couldn't find the recipes because they were still p...
These were very good sugar cookies. I used 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups shortening. I didn't have enough shortening on hand and they spread out a bit, but were fine like that too. They were ...
This is a great recipe and the cookies turned out great! For the next time, I would _not_ include salt in the recipe.
This said 24 servings so I thought that meant 24 cookies. HA! It made like 60. Now I see where it says 4 dozen. These cookies are awesome! The frosting wasn't enough to cover all the cookies, bu...
Me and my best friend made them for Valentines Day and loved them. I used unsalted butter and added the normal amount of salt and they tasted great for those who don't like much salt. Highly rec...
these are very yummy cookies!!! and very easy to make the frosting is fantastic!!! definitely try them!!!
These are better than any sugar cookie I've ever tasted. I've thrown out my old recipe and replaced it with this one. I baked a batch of these for our kids church and they ate them up quickly.