Nice Spice Cookies
"A nice cinnamon cookie that the whole family will love."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 161 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy and light.
- Add the egg, a little at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the lemon zest.
- Add the sifted flour and spices and, using a wooden spoon, stir well until the mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Knead dough lightly in the bowl and, using your hands, shape the dough into 25 small balls.
- Place the balls on the greased baking sheets, leaving room between each to spread during baking.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the prongs of a fork dipped in flour. Press the fork in two directions to make a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and let cool on a heatproof surface for five minutes. Then, with a spatula, transfer cookies to a cooling rack until cold.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 12.1 g fat; 12.5 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 9 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1