Nice Spice Cookies
"A nice cinnamon cookie that the whole family will love."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy and light.
- Add the egg, a little at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the lemon zest.
- Add the sifted flour and spices and, using a wooden spoon, stir well until the mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Knead dough lightly in the bowl and, using your hands, shape the dough into 25 small balls.
- Place the balls on the greased baking sheets, leaving room between each to spread during baking.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the prongs of a fork dipped in flour. Press the fork in two directions to make a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and let cool on a heatproof surface for five minutes. Then, with a spatula, transfer cookies to a cooling rack until cold.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 12.1 12.5 1.5 46 9 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1