Ingredientsservings 223 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and cut in the butter or margarine. Mix in the sugar and almonds. Using a fork, mix in the egg until dough becomes stiff.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll out dough into a thin layer and cut into rounds, 2 inches wide. Re-roll trimmings and cut until you have 20 rounds. Place rounds on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Let cool on the sheet for about 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- When biscuits are completely cold, spread half of the rounds with a thin layer of preserves and sandwich together. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 5.9 g fat; 40.7 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 50 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I was very disappointed with this recipe. The cookies have a taste an texture like sawdust. They are too dry and are flavourless. I will not be putting these on my Christmas cookie tray.
These are awesome-- they taste just like cookies that I had in England at Hampton Court Palace. thanks a million!
These were nice little cookie sandwiches, but nothing really special. Maybe I just didn't make them right. I doubled the recipe and ended up with about 32 rounds instead of 40. I used splenda i...
Really delicate, tasty cookies. Only makes ten per batch and they cook fast, I had to bump it from 12 minutes to 9. Excellent with blueberry peach jam!