Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 700 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings (6 cookies)
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- In a food processor, finely grind flour, nuts, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and mix just until dough holds together.
- Gather dough into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter cookie sheet.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out cookies with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Gather scraps into a ball and re-roll to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out cookies, forming total of 12. Transfer cookies to the cookie sheet.
- Using a 1-inch round cookie butter, cut out the center of 6 cookies and remove. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on rack for 5 minutes.
- Leaving a 1/8-inch border, spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of marmalade evenly over each cookie without a hole. Sift additional powdered sugar over cookies with holes. Place cookies with holes sugar side up atop jam-covered cookies.
Per Serving: 700 calories; 44.8 g fat; 70.2 g carbohydrates; 8.1 g protein; 81 mg cholesterol; 424 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Okay, a few things: Food processor-- Put the nuts in first, grind to a coarse grain, then add the flour and seasonings. Nuts just kind of floated around in the cup of flour, and I had to put i...