Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 30 servings (5 dozen)
- In a large bowl beat butter or margarine until softened. Add 1 cup sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to butter mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into rings with a 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter.
- Twist the rings once to form figure eights and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Spinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until done. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 109 calories; 4.2 16.5 1.5 16 67 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious! Thanks for the recipe! Perfect with a cup of tea. Dough was really sticky, so I put it in the freezer and then worked really fast to make the '8' shapes. Also made round circle cookie...