Orange Sugar Bells
"Bell-shaped cookies perfect for Christmas."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 30 servings (5 dozen)
- In large bowl beat shortening and butter or margarine until butter is softened. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk, orange peel, and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Cover and chill about 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into two 8-inch long rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- On the bottom half of each slice, place a cherry for the bell clapper. Fold in the sides of the slice, overlapping at the top and slightly covering cherry. Pinch in the sides to form a bell shape.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until done. Remove and cool on wire rack.
Per Serving: 98 calories; 4.6 13.1 1.1 12 42 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
If you want a different but easy Christmas cookie, these are the ones to make!!