Pecan and Sour Cream Sandies
"Pecan cookies glazed with lemon."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 42 servings (7 dozen)
- Grind the 1/2 cup pecans in a blender, food processor, or food grinder.
- Combine the nuts with the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and the ground nuts.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Work half of the dough at a time. Keep the other half refrigerated. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with desired cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 7-8 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet and cool on a rack.
- To make lemon glaze: Beat 1 egg white until frothy. Add 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a dash of salt. Beat well.
- Spread cookies with Lemon Glaze and sprinkle with nuts.
You might also like
Per Serving: 115 calories; 6.4 13.7 1.3 15 41 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These did not turn out well. The flavor was mild/boring, the dough very sticky even after refrigeration and the glaze needed lemon flavoring not just lemon juice. I was very disappointed as they...