Ingredientsservings 236 cals
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter until softened. Add the 3/4 cup sugar and beat until fluffy. Add milk, egg and 1 tsp of the vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half and chill 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Mix softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until smooth. Stir in the coconut.
- Roll each half of the dough into a 10-inch square. Cut each square into sixteen 2 1/2-inch squares. Place 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cut 1-inch slits from each corner to center of square. Drop a level tsp of the coconut mixture onto each center.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts in the center and firmly press to seal. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm and cookies are slightly puffed. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
Per Serving: 236 calories; 13.1 g fat; 28 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 144 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I found this recipe to be quite annoying. Having gone to all the trouble of preparing the three steps needed to complete this recipe, waiting the three hours for it to chill, and then trying to ...
My grandma makes cookies like these, not exactly the same, but quite similar. I used the recipe, but prior to refrigerating I rolled out the dough to about 4in x 13in on parchment paper. Then pl...
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. The cookies are a little cakey, but I like that. The recipe that I had had the same ingredients but different directions. It said to roll out the co...
The flavor was great. I could not get the pin wheel to work this time. (I'm sure it had something to do with operator error I rolled it but forgot to slice it. Oops it was ME because I don't bak...