Fruit and Spice Rounds
"Chewy and spicy, these frosted fruit cookies make good Christmas cookies."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 217 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings (5 dozen)
- In a food processor or with the fine blade of a food grinder, process or grind raisins, figs, dates and walnuts.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in ground fruit mixture. Divide dough in half; cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- On a well floured surface roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minute or until done. Cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and enough milk (4-5 tsp) to make icing of drizzling consistency.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 8.5 g fat; 34.9 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 175 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1