Fruit and Spice Rounds
"Chewy and spicy, these frosted fruit cookies make good Christmas cookies."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 30 servings (5 dozen)
- In a food processor or with the fine blade of a food grinder, process or grind raisins, figs, dates and walnuts.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in ground fruit mixture. Divide dough in half; cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- On a well floured surface roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minute or until done. Cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and enough milk (4-5 tsp) to make icing of drizzling consistency.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 8.5 34.9 2.4 36 175 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1