"Cut cherries in the shape of poinsettias make these cookies holiday favorites."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 40 m servings 161 cals
Original recipe yields 18 servings (3 dozen)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until softened. Beat in honey. Add egg yolk, orange peel and orange juice and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Separate egg and slightly beat egg white. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in egg white and then in the nuts. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut each cherry into 6-8 wedges. Place 4 or 5 wedges atop each ball so that it looks like a flower; press lightly. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove and cool on rack.
Per Serving: 161 calories; 9.9 g fat; 17.1 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 93 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1