Ingredientsservings 248 cals
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Divide the dough in half and stir food coloring into one half. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll about 1/2 tablespoon of plain dough into a 6-inch rope. Repeat with green dough.
- Place ropes side by side and twist together about 6 times. Form twisted ropes into a circle and gently pinch ends together.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Place small amount of chopped pistachios onto each wreath where ends are pinched together.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute. Remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 13.4 g fat; 29.2 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 157 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Maybe I left it in the fridge too long but I could not get this dough to roll out into a rope. It would break and crumble. I let the dough sit out for a few hours and tried again and same thing....
this is my favorite holiday treat!! refrigerate closer to 45 minutes. cook for about 12-13 minutes; only slightly golden brown on the bottom. absolutey delicious!