Chocolate Peanut Butter Date Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat and add the four and sugar and mix well. Press this mixture firmly into the greased pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the confectioners' sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, remaining 1/4 cup butter, peanut butter, dates, walnuts and water, and mix thoroughly.
- Cool the baked crust for 5 minutes, then spread the date mixture over the crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips with the 1 tablespoon of shortening and spread over the baked crust and filling. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped nuts. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 15.3 21.1 4.3 31 95 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Very delicious! Though, I'm considering some low cal substitutions because it's packing a lot (cal) for it's lower volume/yield. Great idea and very tasty!!
I only had peanuts on hand, so used 1/2 C peanuts and 1/2 C peanut butter as I was afraid it would be overwhelmingly peanuty with 3/4 of both. I omitted the top "frosting" layer, as well. I thin...
it turned out very good. i omitted the frosting cause i thought that it would be too much then. i also used figs instead of dates as thats what i had at hand.i also used crunchy peanut butter in...
This did not turn out very well. The chocolate bottom tasted chalky and too dry. The peanut butter layer really did not have a good flavor-it was lacking something even though it had a few of my...