Betty's Famous Eggnog
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a very large bowl until thick and light-colored. Stir in the bourbon and rum, mixing until sugar has dissolved. Let stand about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, whip the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the whipping cream and half and half into the egg yolk mixture until thoroughly blended. Slowly stir in the brandy. Fold in the egg whites, blending evenly. Cover and refrigerate two hours before serving. May be stored in the refrigerator up to one week.
- Serve in small cups or glasses dusted with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This nog will knock you on your butt! It's almost like a liquor milkshake. I had a hard time finding a bowl big enough to accomodate this large yield, I will reduce the recipe next time and li...
WOW! Finally found my lost Mississippi Eggnog recipe, here it is..Thanks. The only difference is instead of granulated sugar it uses powdered sugar so it mixes much easier..Once you try this rec...
this is the best eggnog receipe ever!! i had never made it before and it tastes awesome! i brought in a little for my coworkers to sample and they all put in orders for me to make some for them...
FYI, the yield of this recipe is about 1.5 gallons of nog. Serving size: 1 cup.
I've always made Eggnog for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it's been an annual hit. But, I never recorded the recipe and, over the years, drifted too far away from the base recipe to where it b...
Holy cow! This is SO good!I just finished making it and it is chilling now, but I had to sample. I wasn't sure what to do about folding in the eggwhites. They didn't really fully incorporate int...
This recipe is the bomb! I have been making several from this site over the past couple of weeks and they've all been good but this one...WOW! Drink responsibly with this. It will knock you out ...