- Grind apricots in food processor or blender.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Dissolve baking soda in warm water and add to creamed mixture, beating until smooth. Beat in the egg.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients, mixing until well blended. Fold in the apricots, raisins and pecans. Cover and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls two inches apart. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 232 calories; 10.5 33.7 2.8 10 167 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These were a success. I also increased the amount of water to about 3 tablespoons and they turned out well this way.
Good cookie bu baking them 18 minutes makes biscoti. I made mine 10 - 11 min for a softer cookie.
Nice, but a dry dough. I had to add 3 tbs more water, so maybe an extra egg next time. I left out the nuts but followed the rest of the recipe. Not sure of the purpose of dissolving the bakin...