Brandied Apple Bars
"These are great for summer picnics, but don't let the kids eat too many... :-)"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening, and sugar until smooth. Mix in 1 cup of flour. Spread into the bottom of the prepared pan. This is the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and brown sugar together until thick and pale. Add the brandy and mix well. Combine the remaining flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture. Mix in apples and walnuts. Spread the filling over the hot crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
You might also like
Per Serving: 101 calories; 4.3 13.6 1.1 10 29 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Would not recommend this recipe, as it had no taste and had to be thrown out.