Ingredients2 h servings 495
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan. Sift together the flour, semolina flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition, until incorporated. Stir in the orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, and brandy.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until medium peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the butter-sugar-egg yolk mixture until combined. Gently stir in 1/3 of the flour mixture. Continue adding the remaining egg whites alternately with the flour, folding in until just combined.
- Stir in the coarsely chopped and finely chopped almonds. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the tablespoon of brandy, if desired. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Semolina flour, derived from durum wheat, is available in health food stores and some supermarkets.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 37.3 28.7 11.3 216 252 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
not sure about this recipe but willing to try it i hope it turn out well. for me 10 normal eggs is completely normal since in my country indonesia we often bake cakes with many egg it can even u...
Hi, I have not tried this recipe yet. Will do so soon! I am salivating just by reading your recipe. Thanks so much for posting this recipe. Have been trying for the longest time to locate a S...
This is a really good recipe. The cake is moist and not too sweet. I'm definitely going to make it again only next time I plan on adding poppy seeds to the batter and leaving the top with only a...