Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 489
- Grease one 2-quart lidded pudding mold. Sift together the flour, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, mincemeat, cranberry sauce and pumpkin. Add to flour mixture and mix until smooth; pour into pudding mold.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large pot, over medium heat, and fill 1/2 way up with boiling water. Place the pudding on the rack. Steam for 2 1/2 hours.
- Check the pan occasionally and add more water if needed. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. When firm, place the pudding mold on a rack outside of the water for 10 minutes and unmold.
- Prepare a sauce by blending together the sour cream, cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Spoon dollops over warm pudding and serve.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 23.4 65.1 7.1 105 498 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
I didn't have self-rising flour so I added 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder and it rose fine. Also, instead of steaming it I baked it at 350° for an hour. It was wonderfully moist and I think the swee...
I don't usually keep self-rising flour around, so I used regular flour instead and added a teaspoon of baking powder. It turned out just fine. And I used up my leftover canned pumpkin and cra...
I like to "test" holiday recipes way early in order to have enough time to decide what to make/give to family and friends each year. This is a winner all the way around. I'll be baking it in sm...
This recipe is awesome! My husband is from the UK and said it was one of the best Christmas Pudd's he's ever had (it probably helps that it has his favorite ingredient in it...PUMPKIN!
This was my first Christmas pudding. It was very easy to make, and wonderful! I doubled this, and then used a metal mixing bowl as my mold. It took 4 hours to steam. I was very happy with the re...
This was just PERFECT! Very moist and has the perfect balance of ingredients. I wouldn't change anything at all. I did not have a rack that would fit into my boiling water pot, so I made a 1/...
Fantastic pudding recipe! I have been using regular mincemeat, rum & raisin mincemeat or brandy & date mincemeat. They all turn out delicious! I have made 6 so far this year and hand them out as...
Overall, very moist and tasty, and surprisingly easy. I made it three days before Christmas and used half-and-half brown sugar and white sugar and added an additional teaspoon of cinnamon with a...