Ingredients55 m servings 1077
- Dedge the raisins in 1 cup flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour two 9 inch round pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar; add egg yolks, and beat until smooth. Mix in flour mixture in parts alternately with milk. Stir in coconut, pecans, and raisins.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter, and then pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cool layers on wire racks.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, water, flour, lemon and orange. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in coconut and cook for 2 minutes. Allow to cool, and then ice cake. Alternate pecan halves and maraschino cherries halves around top of cake to form a pinwheel.
Per Serving: 1077 calories; 44.4 166.7 13 135 446 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this cake for my brother, who remembered our mother baking it for Christmas - many more then 40 years ago! The cake is good but the prep time is more like hours than minutes.
I had to make a Japanese dish for my son's international feast for boys scouts. I made this in no time considering the very little time I had after I got off from work and be able to make it to ...