Ingredients5 h 45 m servings 1294
- Preheat a gas grill for low heat.
- Rub some of the butter all over the turkey, inside and out, then rub all over with chicken base. Cut remaining butter into cubes and toss with onions, apples, and garlic in a large bowl. Stuff the bird with this mixture and place in a disposable aluminum roasting pan. Fold the turkey skin around the neck area to cover the hole and then turn the turkey over and pour wine into the opening at the other end until the turkey is full or the bottle is empty. Set the turkey breast side up.
- Place the roasting pan on the grill and cover loosely with aluminum foil. If you have a pop up timer or heat safe meat thermometer, insert it into the turkey breast. Close the lid.
- Roast until the temperature in the breast reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C) and the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reads 180 degrees C (80 degrees C), about 4 hours depending on the temperature of your grill. When the temperature is getting close, remove the aluminum foil covering the turkey and allow it to brown during the final minutes of cooking. If it starts to brown too much, just cover it back up. Allow the turkey to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 1294 calories; 76.7 16.2 117.7 468 1310 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
I loved this recipe. Super easy and was so tasty. The meat was so moist and this was the best bbq turkey I have ever done. We used a tinfoil turkey pan and kept the lid on till the last 45 mi...
It was 2 degrees outside when I wanted to make my turkey so I baked it in my oven using a baking bag. The turkey was very moist and flavorful. I only needed half the stuffing for my 12 lb. tur...
This is a GREAT turkey! We love grilling and figured we'd try it for Thanksgiving! It was done almost 2 hours earlier than what the recipe said though. We did this again for Easter. Everyone lov...
Delicious, moist and fall-off-the-bone good. Followed the recipe exactly, but used a charcoal grill.
We used this recipe last year for our Thanksgiving and liked it so much, we are planning on doing it again. You can switch up the ingredients a little to your own liking, but what is listed wor...
Very moist and delicious!! Everyone was skeptical, but ended up loving it. I will never cook a turkey in the oven again! Super easy too!
I'm only giving this recipe 4 out of 5 because the only thing I actually used this recipe for was for cooking directions. I have never BBQ'd a bird before and wanted to know the basics. The BB...