Ingredients1 h servings 258
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the chestnut puree, sugar, milk, and brandy. Add egg yolks and mix until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the beaten whites into the chestnut mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart souffle dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Top with whipped cream and serve.
Per Serving: 258 calories; 8.4 35.7 7.7 217 88 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I baked this as a side dish of a game stew. We usually have chestnut puree for Christmas eve, but this is much better, because it is lighter. Next time, I might increase brandy to 1.5 - 2 Tbsp, ...
Just cooked it and it turned great. Had it as a side dish with game and quince compote.
A delicately-flavored souffle. I used a 5-ounce package of shelled chestnuts, pureed them in a food processor w yolks, milk, sugar, and one tablespoon of good liquor (rum). Folded the whites i...