Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 540
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F(220 degrees C).
- Place apple chunks in a large bowl. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat well. Spoon into pastry shell. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- For the topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup flour. Cut in butter. Sprinkle over apples to cover top. Take two 15 inch pieces of parchment paper and enclose pie; fold edges up 3 times. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven, split parchment open and cool pie on wire rack. DO NOT open parchment covering while baking! Cool for 10 minutes before serving hot.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 540 calories; 25.8 77 3.7 41 267 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Great apple pie if you don't especially care for a lot of pastry crust; this one has a tasty crumble topping instead. After fumbling with the parchment paper method unsuccessfully (I didn't th...
Absolutly amazing! This recipie is great even with a store bought crust! terrific balance beteween sweet and savory!
I never ever made a pie before trying this recipe. Now I'm the designated pie girl always having to bake my butt off because they LOVE this pie. I can't thank you enough for posting this. It's t...
This was my first apple pie and it came out exactly the way it should have. Everyone in the family enjoyed it. I even added 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon for my special tastes.
I used this for my very first try at pie making. My husband being gluten free,I substituted a GF ready made pie shell and some GF all purpose flour.Because I have diabetes I substituted agave sy...
You can't go wrong with recipe. It turned out great and the parchment papers saves on oven mess.
Instead of using parchment paper, I put the pie in a brown grocery bag. I sprinkled a bit of water on the top of the bag and baked as directed. Much less fuss!
I didn't have a paper bag so I used a turkey oven roasting bag worked great delish!