Ingredientsservings 222 cals
- Sift flour and baking powder onto waxed paper.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Add flour mixture and blend. Stir in ground almonds and lemon rind.
- Turn dough out on waxed paper and shape into ball. Chill several hours.
- Cut dough in half. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board. Cut out with 3-inch cookie cutter (bottom), repeat with remaining dough and cut small hole in center of these (top).
- Bake in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for about 10 minutes, and cool.
- Heat preserves in saucepan.
- Spread heated preserves on bottom cookie. Put on top cookie and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Fill center of cookie with preserves.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 10.8 g fat; 29.8 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 78 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Delicious and beautiful cookies! The combination of lemon and raspberry is wonderful. To make assembly easier, sprinkle powdered sugar on the top cookies before assembling. Then you won't need t...
I have had this recipe for over 20 years. It is one of the best. I wonder if the cookies could be made in advance and frozen. Thawed later and then the constructed?
We panicked when out grandmothers recipie was lost. This is the exact same one she use to make! A holiday favorite! She always doubled the lemon and added a bit of the juice.