Roast Suckling Pig
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients7 h 25 m servings 1483
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 suckling pig)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse the pig, and tie the front legs together with heavy string. Tie the back legs together also. Make numerous slits in the skin, and insert slices of butter, followed by cloves of garlic. Generously rub the entire pig with salt first, then the Cajun seasoning, including inside the cavity. Lay strips of bacon across the back and secure to the sides with toothpicks.
- Place the pig in a large roasting pan and pour in the apple cider. Cover the ears and snout of the pig with aluminum foil to prevent scorching.
- Roast for 7 hours in the preheated oven, basting every hour or so with the drippings. If the pan begins to dry out, add more cider or water. To serve, remove to a platter, and place the apple in the pig's mouth. Discard the aluminum foil from ears and snout.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 1483 calories; 136 8.5 52.5 292 473 Full nutrition