Ingredients15 m servings 707 cals
- Using a blender or a food processor, finely chop 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Place in a small mixing bowl. Add vanilla wafer crumbs, ground hazelnuts, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and melted butter or margarine. Mix until well combined. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar; mix well. Add the eggs and 3 tablespoons liqueur. Mix until well blended. Coarsely chop 1 cup of the semisweet chocolate chips, and add to the cream cheese mixture. Stir. Pour batter into the cooled crust.
- Bake at in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 1 hour. Let cake cool for 1 hour. Remove outer ring from pan. Then let cool completely.
- Melt 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips over hot (not boiling) water. Stir until smooth. Dip 13 hazelnuts into the chocolate, covering one-half of each nut. Shake off the excess chocolate. Place on a waxed-paper lined plate. Chill until set.
- To the remaining melted chocolate, add sour cream. Mix well. Stir in 1 tablespoon liqueur. Spread glaze on top of the cooled cheesecake. Garnish with chocolate dipped hazelnuts.
Per Serving: 707 calories; 43.7 g fat; 68 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 118 mg cholesterol; 275 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
I made this cheesecake for Christmas dinner and it was the best, most impressive dessert I've ever made. I live at a very high elevation so I had to modify the cooking time (increased baking tim...
This was SO impressive and SO delicious! I made it for a New Year's Eve dinner and everyone thought it was store-bought. It was very easy to make--even easier if you have a food processor to c...
This is a very rich and delicious cheesecake. My only suggestion would be to make all the crust ingredients (except for the melted butter) at once in the food processor (instead of chopping eac...
LOVED this cheesecake! Not hard to make (first cheesecake I've made where it didn't crack!) The crust was hard to press into the bowl, possibly because I didn't grind up the hazelnuts and choc...
Very Good. I increased the filling by 1/3 to make it a little taller. I also use hersheys special dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet and used Mocha Kalua instead of hazelnut (its all the...
WOW!!! Made this for Thanksgiving and it was soooooooooo wonderful! Everyone loved it...my boys fought over the leftovers the following morning for breakfast!!! I used chipped semi-sweet large...
This was one of the best cheesecakes I have had. I replaced one cup of cream cheese with a cup of sourcream so it wasnt as heavy and the store didnt have vanilla crumbs so I used graham crumbs....
when i frist saw it i said it looks good then after i made it i said wow that was good.yum:->