- Separate the eggs. In a large bowl beat the egg whites until frothy. Whisk in 3/4 cup of the confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Beat the egg yolks with the remaining 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar and about 4 to 5 tablespoons of the brandy until light and lemon colored. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks and refrigerate.
- In a large stock pot heat the milk until hot but do not boil. Reduce heat and keep milk hot.
- To each mug add 2 tablespoons brandy (or more to taste) and 1 large heaping tablespoon of egg mixture. Stir and fill mug with hot milk. Place another tablespoon of egg mixture on top and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This recipe was a God send as they are a favorite of my husband, but unheard of in this part of the country. I cut the recipe in half for a small dinner party. My guests enjoyed them with Kaluh...
Absolutely great recipe for Tom and Jerry's. As mentioned, do not make ahead, but this is simply wonderful for holiday parties. Very yummy, and you can adjust the alcohol to taste. It even ta...
I served this with baileys irish cream in the bottom of the cup............ecstacy!!
Tom and Jerrys are so yummie! I have also made them a different way.whip some whipping cream and fold into the beaten egg whites and instead of hot milk....use hot water. Very good too.
This was a nice after dinner treat. I cut the recipe to two servings and used an electric mixer to make the egg whites frothy. It wasn't as creamy as I would have liked (personal preference), ...
I have tried it and it reminds me of ones my grandpa made when I was little.