Olive, Anchovy and Onion Pie
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 304
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 - 8 inch pie)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt and basil leaves. Mix in the butter, olive oil and water until it becomes a smooth dough. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter an 8 inch pie plate. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the dish until it is about 1/4 inch or 1/2 centimeter thick. Bake for about 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until just starting to brown.
- Make a layer of mushrooms and onion in the bottom of the pie crust. Top with a layer of tomatoes, olives and anchovies. Dot with goat cheese.
- Return to the preheated oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
You might also like
- Use caramelized onion: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion using medium heat. Do not brown the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar and cook for another 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 21.6 19.6 8.9 40 573 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
great recipe!! i changed it a bit by substituting lamb stew meat for the anchovies. i floured and panfried the meat before adding it to the pie shell. i also sauteed the onions and mushrooms fir...