Lucy's Carrot Pudding
"Our family likes this dessert during the holidays. This dessert can be served hot or cold, and is good topped off with lemon sauce, ice cream, or whipping cream. The pudding is baked in 12 to 16 ounce cans. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 cup sugar. Mix in carrots, potatoes, and raisins. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together; mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in apples.
- Fill cans 2/3 full with pudding mixture. Cover with foil.
- Place cans in a roasting pan with 2 to 3 inches of water. Steam at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir together 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Combine mixture with water in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until thick. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine and lemon juice. Serve warm over pudding.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 465 calories; 14.8 84.6 3.3 38 266 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2