Grilled Goose with Prune Stuffing and Gravy
"Grilling the bird makes the most wonderfully moist and tender dish you'll every taste!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Rinse goose and pat dry. Remove excess fat. Sprinkle with salt and marjoram inside and out. Prick skin all over with fork. Place goose, breast side up, in a roasting pan. Place pan in center of cooking grate. Add 2 cups of water to roasting pan.
- Grill 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until tender and temperature (measured internally) reaches 180 degrees F. To crisp goose, increase grill temperature to High for last 15 to 30 minutes. Remove goose from grill. Reserve fat for gravy. Let goose stand for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
- To Make Stuffing: Place prunes and 1/4 cup white wine in a large bowl. Soak for 5 minutes. Add apples, grated rye bread, raisins, lime juice, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. Place in an 8x4x2 inch heavy-gauge foil pan. Cover with heavy foil and grill indirectly over medium heat for about 40 minutes. For crisper stuffing, grill uncovered.
- To Make Gravy: In a saucepan, mix remaining 3/4 cup wine, 1/2 cup water, 3 tablespoons reserved goose fat and 3 tablespoons stuffing. Press stuffing to dissolve, and use as thickening for gravy. Bring mixture to boil; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Strain gravy and season with salt.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 813 calories; 43.7 45.8 52.8 175 1040 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1