Ingredientsservings 776 cals
- Place washed, but not trimmed or peeled beets on top of 1 cup salt on a baking sheet, and roast in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until fork-tender. Let cool. Wearing gloves or holding with a piece of plastic wrap, cut off stems, and peel. Cut each beet in half, cut in 1/2 inch slices, then medium dice by cutting in the opposite direction.
- Toast nuts in a 400 degrees F oven for 15 minutes, tossing once.
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients, mixing well, adding nuts when cool.
- Trim the end of the endive, cut in half, separating the leaves for each half, but reforming each as 1/2 a head of endive. For each salad, place 1/2 cup beets, 1 cup arugula, an 1/2 endive on a plate. For each salad begin with 1/3 cup vinaigrette, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Toss each of the three components, separately in the vinaigrette, making sure to toss the beets last. Top with 1/8 cup of shaved parmesan.
- Repeat for remaining three salads. Serve immediately. Reserve left-over dressing.
Per Serving: 776 calories; 80.8 g fat; 12.1 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 11 mg cholesterol; 840 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
In spite of this being putzy to make and the directions convoluted, in the end it was soooo worth it. This is truly an exceptional and elegant salad. Be careful NOT to toast pistachios that ar...
This was very good. I made it with raw, grated beets, and I used hazelnuts and almonds instead of pistachios. The dressing is a lot, though--I used less olive oil (1 cup) and only used about 3/4...