Pistachio Chocolate Macaroons
Ingredients35 m servings 373
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the pistachios in the container of a food processor, and pulse until finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt until they hold soft peaks. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar while continuing to whip until the peaks hold their shape, but are not too stiff. Gently fold in the pistachios, vanilla, and coconut. Scoop out 8 mounds onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the tops are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- When the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in to the chocolate, or drizzle chocolate over the tops. Let the chocolate set before eating if you can wait!
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 29.5 27.7 5 0 30 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is actually supposed to be made with unsalted pistachios which you can find already shelled in bulk at Sprouts grocery/health food stores. You can buy them online as well. This recipe is re...
I tried to do this for 18 instead of a tiny amount of 8 cookies and WAYYYYYYYYYY too much coconut.