Ingredients35 m servings 502
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drain off any excess liquid; set aside.
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry out on a clean surface, and cut into 4 squares. Prick lightly with fork.
- In a medium bowl; mix crabmeat, bechamel sauce, shallots, and tarragon until well blended.
- Cut prawns lengthwise and open them up to form a butterfly shape. Lay one shrimp in the middle of each pastry square with open side facing up. Stuff each shrimp with an equal amount of spinach and top with a heaping tablespoon of the crab mixture. Fold over pastry to make a triangle, and press the edges to seal. Place on the baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- The parcels can be frozen prior to baking for up to 2 weeks before you need them. Thaw in refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours before baking.
Per Serving: 502 calories; 33.5 30 20.1 129 482 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Excellent recipe! To save a bit of time, I used 1/2 of a 10 ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed and wrung out dry using a dish towelinstead of sauteeing in the oil. I also prepared the Knor...
We all really liked this for a special meal. I subbed several shakes of Old Bay seasoning instead of the fresh tarragon (personal preference). Used 1-1/2 super colossal shrimp per lg puff pastry...
Useing bechamel sauce is simmilar to well like a "chicken pot pie" I like the idea of the sauce outside of the dish. I didnt use the tarragon because I thought it took away the delicate flavor o...
These were delicious. Made for some friends that were visiting and they really enjoyed these. Thanks so much for posting.
Made these tonight and they were very good! Also used frozen spinach and bearnaise sauce but wished I had used fresh spinach (I think they would have tasted even better). I cut down the fresh ta...
This made a stunning appetizer for my dinner party. I did take the suggestion of using frozen spinach instead. (thank you, no cleaning spinch before using!)I sauted the shallots to bring out th...
I made it as per recipe and it was great. Next time I'll add more nutmeg to the bechamel sauce. And you really do have to make sure the spinach and crab meat are squeezed as dry as possible. The...
So yummy wanted to eat them all by myself!! Great hit for all!