Recipes Desserts Fruit Desserts Blueberry Dessert Recipes Very Best Blueberry Cobbler! 4.1 (445) 378 Reviews 42 Photos Use fresh or frozen blueberries for this blueberry cobbler. I've tinkered and tinkered, and this is the very best cobbler recipe I've found. An amalgamation of my grandmother's recipe and my own, it can also work with other fruit fillings. This perfect summer treat has a cakey biscuit topping with a slight crunch on top with delicious blueberries hidden on the bottom. Serve plain or with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator for up to two days. Recipe by FRIENDLYFOOD Updated on May 6, 2023 Save Saved! View All Saved Items Rate Print Share Share Tweet Pin Email Add Photo 42 42 42 42 Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Additional Time: 10 mins Total Time: 1 hrs Servings: 8 Yield: 1 8-inch cobbler Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 ½ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries ½ lemon, juiced 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup white sugar, or to taste ½ teaspoon all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon butter, melted 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 6 tablespoons white sugar 5 tablespoons butter 1 cup milk 2 teaspoons sugar 1 pinch ground cinnamon Directions Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Place blueberries into the baking dish and mix with lemon juice and vanilla. Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon flour, then stir in 1 tablespoon melted butter. Set aside. Stir 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and 6 tablespoons sugar together in a medium bowl. Cut in 5 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center, pour in milk, and stir quickly until just moistened; you should have a very thick batter or a very wet dough. Add a splash more milk if needed. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spoon rested batter over blueberries, leaving only a few small holes for the berries to peek through. Mix 2 teaspoons sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl; sprinkle over the batter. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top and a knife inserted into the topping comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool until just warm before serving. I Made It Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 359 Calories 10g Fat 65g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 359 % Daily Value * Total Fat 10g 13% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 25mg 8% Sodium 328mg 14% Total Carbohydrate 65g 24% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Total Sugars 41g Protein 4g Vitamin C 6mg 32% Calcium 185mg 14% Iron 2mg 9% Potassium 116mg 2% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved Add Your Photo Photos of Very Best Blueberry Cobbler!