Ingredients1 h servings 311 cals
- Place beets in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain water, and allow beets to cool. Peel and dice.
- Meanwhile, pour olive oil, red rice, water, and 1 teaspoon salt into a saucepan; place over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer gently until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed. Remove saucepan from heat, and let rice cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together beets, kidney beans, bell pepper, onion, radishes, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together horseradish, mustard, and sugar until well combined. Whisk in red wine vinegar and oil until smooth.
- With a fork, fluff rice. Stir into vegetables, and mix with dressing. Cover, refrigerate about 1 hour. Spoon into a large, shallow serving bowl, and garnish with fresh chives.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 16.2 g fat; 35.8 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 481 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I did not have all the ingredients - I used long grain rice in place of red rice and horseradish sauce in place of the horseradish. I had fresh beets from my garden and was excited to try them ...
I made this basically as is with a couple of substitutions with what I had on hand: brown rice, garbanzo beans, and green onions. Colorful and delicious!
I was surprised how tasty red rice is, the beets, radishes and kidney beans keep with the color scheme and taste great together. I will make this again, I substituted horseradish mustard for the...
I am giving this 4 stars because my husband really liked it. It is a very healthy salad, but I just didn't like it. I followed directions to a T on this with no modifications. It was too much...