Ingredients50 m servings 447 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan, stir together anise seeds and mint. Stir in 1 cup water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes, then stir in honey. Continue to boil until most of the water has boiled off. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Place lemon strips in a bowl, and pour melted butter over the strips. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Place salmon on baking sheet. Brush thoroughly with anise sauce.
- Place in a preheated oven, and bake until done, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and brush liberally with lemon butter.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 30.6 g fat; 1.5 g carbohydrates; 39.3 g protein; 135 mg cholesterol; 170 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was very pleasant but I think the only reason I noticed the anise and mint flavoring was because I knew it was in there. Maybe more anise and fresh mint would have made for a more noticable...
As written, the flavors are SO subtle they are almost non-existent. I made the sauce with fresh mint (used a small-ish bunch that I removed after it had wilted down), and also added some lemon z...
I love anise so I was very excited to try this salmon dish. Unfortunately,this was very bland to our taste. I whipped up a different glaze to enhance the flavor and rescue the copper river salm...