Zola's Adventure Garlic Bread
"A family friend who owns two local cafes gave me this recipe. It is a delicious and surprising twist on plain old garlic bread. Don't be fooled by the unusual ingredients, the sweet and salty flavors are perfect complements to each other! All the ingredient amounts are approximate, so adjust them to suit your tastes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 314
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion; cook and stir until deep brown, about 15 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup and trail mix. Heat to 300 to 310 degrees F (149 to 154 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup drizzled from a spoon forms hard, brittle threads. Pour onto parchment paper, and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven's broiler.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining butter and garlic. Spread onto the cut side of the focaccia bread halves. Crumble the candied trail mix and onion over the garlic butter, and top with Romano cheese. Place the focaccia onto a baking sheet.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 16.5 36.9 6.9 28 332 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1