Cinnamon and Chocolate Spread Sponge
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 428
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan, or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the milk and beaten eggs until well blended. Combine the self-rising flour, baking powder and cinnamon; stir until the batter until smooth.
- Pour about three quarters of the batter into the prepared cake pan. Spoon in the chocolate hazelnut spread, and swirl into the batter using two fingers. Pour the rest of the batter into the pan, and carefully spread out to the sides. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, until nicely browned and springy to the touch.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 428 calories; 23.5 50.2 5.7 109 530 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I think there's something missing from this recipe. I looked at it and thought, "Hm, this would make a nice scone." And it did - dense and crumbly, but definitely not a sponge. Sponge cakes gene...
Either I don't know what a "sponge" is or there is something missing from this recipe. The mixture was very think and not pourable at all. I baked it the required time and the result was dissap...
I tried this recipe and the baking time is too long. It should only bake for about 30 minutes or 40 at the longest.