Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 lamb)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).grease and flour a lamb mold. Prepare cake mix as directed on the package.
- Pour batter into the face half of well-greased lamb mold. cover with back of mold and wire or tie mold together. Place mold face down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake 35 minutes longer.
- Remove mold from oven and remove the back of the mold. Allow lamb to cool in face half of mold for about 5 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of mold and remove carefully. Stand lamb cake upright on cake rack until cool. When cool, frost with snow frosting and cover with coconut.
- To make Snow Frosting: In the top of a small double boiler, Combine egg white, sugar, dash of salt, water and light corn syrup. Beat with rotary egg beater about 1 minute or until thoroughly mixed. Cook over rapidly boiling water, beating constantly with rotary egg beater 4 minutes, or until frosting will stand in stiff peaks. Remove from boiling water, add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and beat 1 minute, or until thick enough to spread.
You might also like
Per Serving: 196 calories; 4.8 37 1.8 0 229 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was lacking the lamb mold, as those are very hard to find, so I simply used the recipe to make a standard coconut cake. And let me tell you... the cake was absolutely perfect. I love coconut, ...