Kayla's Southern Pecan Mist Cake
Kayla L. Harrison
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 292
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 10 inch tube pan with parchment paper (do not grease the paper). Separate eggs while cold, but let them come to room temperature before making the cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until very thick and lemon colored. In another bowl, beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Gradually add sifted powdered sugar to egg whites and continue to beat until stiff, but not dry. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the yolks, then fold in the remaining whites. Gently fold ground pecans into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and the top of the cake is light brown. Remove from oven and invert pan to cool. Cool cake completely before removing from pan.
- Cook's Note:
- The pecans must be ground fine, not chopped (this becomes the "flour"). Approximately 6 cups of shelled ground pecans will yield 3 cups ground. Ground nuts cannot be frozen.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 16.7 31.1 7 176 138 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made this for my father-in-law and I was surprised how well it turned out. I just couldn't believe this "no flour" cake. It was very good but you really need to like pecans !!!
My husband and I love this recipe. We ate 1/2 of the cake in the first day. It seems to be full of protein with all the eggs and nuts and not many carbohydrates similar to angel food cake. We pu...
This was okay, but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't make it again, but everyone ate it. Too much trouble for not a very tasty cake. The information at the top of the recipe is incorrect--...